As we continue our tradition of excellence, the Hess School will nurture our students to be lifelong learners, have strength of character and the drive to achieve excellence in all of their pursuits as citizens in a diverse and changing world.
Hess School News
The online bookfair is still available
until Friday, April 5th
ARE YOU READY FOR CAMP BLUE STAR?
Camp Blue Star Day Camp for K-8 Students
Open House: April 26th at Hess
Hess Bell Schedule (for 2013-2014)
Bus Arrives - 8:45AM
School Starts - 9:00AM
Dismissal - 3:10PM
Bus Leaves - 3:30PM
Early Dismissal - 1:00PM
- Buses will depart between 1:15-1:30
Class Supply List for 2013-2014
*Morning Drop-Off Procedures*
If you decide to drop off your child/children please be aware our procedures have changed. Drop-off will continue to take place in front of the building at the Main Entrance.
· You must enter the entrance closest to Rt. 559 (Somers Point/Mays Landing Road).
· Upon pulling in you should get in drop-off lane which is next to the curb/sidewalk.
· At 8:45, once duty staff is present, we will begin to unload the cars; approximately 5 at a time.
· As children are exiting your car curbside, your car should be in park.
· Once you are in the drop-off lane you must wait your turn and remain in that lane until your child/children have exited your vehicle and it is safe to proceed forward.
If you need to come into the school during morning drop-off (8:45 am-9:00 am) you must use the entrance closest to Rt. 40, park in the large parking lot and escort your child into the building at the main entrance.
Please be aware parking in the front of the building will be closed during the morning drop-off time and will re-open at approximately 9:10 am.
Hamilton Township School District
Professional Development Plans
Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act
Help stop bullying now. Visit the following websites for additional information.
District Anti-bullying Coordinator
Mr. Russell Clark
District Anti-Bullying Specialists
Joseph Shaner School
Ms. Dorothy Schoenstein
George L. Hess Educational Complex
Miss Laura Mulder
William Davies Middle School
Mr. Michael Diorio
Support for Families from the New Jersey Department
As parents or guardians, you want nothing more than an excellent education for your children.
We look forward to helping you help your children.
Attention Parents and Teachers!
The New Jersey Department of Education offers a newly revised website:
Keeping Our Kids Safe, Healthy and In School
Learn about student health, student behavior, safe & positive learning environments, after school programs, social services, and other educational services.